Class 1 is taught by Mrs White who is assisted by Mrs Brown.
So close!! Just a few letters left.....I hope you enjoy looking at the updated alphabet.
L, N, O, U
Have a great half term and stay active. Perhaps you could choose an activity for every letter of your name to have a go at each day? Or you could choose a tricky spelling and practice spelling it by doing an activity for every letter. Whatever you do to keep busy over half term I hope you enjoy the break and have some fun.
Mindfullness, running, skipping Waterfight, hopping, it, trampolining, exercise
Friday 22nd May
Please find below Maths and English activities.
I have allocated books on using the new Collins online library to almost everyone in the class, please follow Mrs Witney's instructions for logging on and accessing your books.
We will not be setting any work during the half term break, have a super week and stay safe.
- Twinkl Make the total - for children who are adding coins to make a total.pdf
- Twinkl coin detective - for children who are practising coin recognition.pdf
- Twinkl Check your change- for children who are confident with coin recognition and totalling small amounts. Working on subtraction and giving change..pdf
- Friday 22nd May Home learning maths.pdf
Thursday 21st May
Daily English and Maths activities are below, I hope you enjoy them.
Has anyone had a go at the Sportsleader activity yet (tin and jump)? Let me know how you got on.
I think the weather today is definitely going to be hot, make sure you stay safe in the sun and keep hydrated. Reverend Alex has prepared a video message for the school community which includes some prayers written by Class Four pupils. Please follow the link below if you wish to view his positive message on YouTube.
Have great day, Mrs White
Wednesday 20th May
I hope you are enjoying the sunshine, lots of you have been exercising outdoors this week and it has been lovely to receive photos and updates for activity alphabet - it's on the class page, have a look and keep sending your ideas.
Maths and English tasks are below, have a great day!
- Line One i-e, ie, igh read and roll.pdf
- Line One ie, i-e spelling activity Twinkl.pdf
- Line Two Read and Roll aw Twinkl.pdf
Tuesday 19th May
Hello everyone. I hope to see lots of you on Zoom this morning, I have sent the meeting ID and passwords via email. Please make sure you have read Mrs Sargeant's safeguarding guidelines for using Zoom and remember that your child must be supervised by an adult at home during our meeting.
Maths and English tasks are here as well as an ever expanding 'Activity Alphabet', please keep sending me your photos and ideas. Also below is an activity (Tin and Jump - video and instructions) provided by one of our fantastic Sportsleaders, I hope you enjoy it.
Have a great day,
- Tuesday 19th May Home learning maths.pdf
- Tuesday 19th May Home learning english.pdf
- Twinkl Money PowerPoint.ppt
Monday 18th May
Good morning everyone! Please find below English, Maths and Phonics resources for this week.
As a school, we are promoting physical activity this week. Under normal circumstances we would be participating in 'Walk to School week' but instead I would like to encourage you to join in with 'Walk at Home week'. I am adding a resource below in order for your child to keep track of the physical activity that they do on a daily basis, I would love to hear about the variety of different activities that your family are doing to keep active.
As I class, I would like us to try and create an activity alphabet to show all the physical activity that we have done this week. I am starting us off with H for hula hooping and an A for archery as they are two things that I have enjoyed doing to keep active this weekend and during the school closure. If you have done something to add to our activity alphabet please email to tell me what you've been doing, include a photo if possible. There's some tricky letters, so get thinking!
Have a good day,
Useful resources for home learning
Login details for Espresso:
- Beetle Spotter Sheet.pdf
- Bird Spotter Sheet.pdf
- Animal Poo Spotter Sheet.pdf
- Bluebell Mosiac Activity.pdf
- Butterfly Spotter Sheet.pdf
- How to make a butterfly feeder.pdf
- Elf House Activity.pdf
- Journey Stick.pdf
- Blossom Spotter Sheet.pdf
- Ladybird Spotter Sheet.pdf
- Spring Fungi Spotter Sheet.pdf
- Spring Spotter Sheet.pdf
- 100 square.pdf
- Class One writing checklist - Things to thing about when writing.pdf
- 0-30 number line.pdf
- 0-20 number line.pdf
- Websites and Resources - Year 1.pdf
- pencil grip.pdf
- letter formation in families.pdf
Phonics videos for home learning